About Me

My photo
Taryn is a two-day-a-week speech language pathologist and a full time mama. Lawson is a teacher at an alternative school where he loves his job! We have three wonderful, spirited boys and are so blessed!

Blog Archive

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Savings

I had a pretty good day yesterday with my savings. I went to Walgreens and Publix for a Huggies wipes deal. At Walgreens, there was an in-store $2.00 off a box of 64 count and up of Huggies wipes. Earlier in the month I had ordered twenty $.50 off coupons from eBay. So I went to Walgreens to stock up. While I was there I was also going to check out some other deals I had read about. There was a limit on the wipes. I wanted 11 boxes, but I could only get 4. They were priced at $3.29 and with a $2 and $.50 coupon they would be .$79 apiece. Not to bad. So at the end of my shopping trip, I paid $6.73 and had a savings of $69.44.
Here's what I got (no pictures today).
  • 4 boxes of Huggies wipes ($.79 each)
  • 2 Gillette Phenom razors-on clearance ($.29 each)
  • 3 Bic highlighter packs ($.17 for all 3)
  • 4 packs of Jumbo crayons ($.49 each)
  • 2 Oxy face washes-on clearance ($.79 each)
  • 2 Oxy shaving creams-on clearance ($.79 each)
  • 1 Brut shaving cream-on clearance ($.62)
  • Walgreens contact solution-on clearance ($.87)
I had $2.00 off coupons for the razors, $1.00 off for the Oxy products, $1.00/2 for the BIC highlighters, and the $.50 off the wipes. Then I had the $2.00 Walgreens coupons for the wipes as well, which gave me the listed prices above. And I got an extra $.90 off the Oxy products because they were on sale as well as being on clearance. The cashier was having as much fun as I was saving money and there was another Walgreens employee who was waiting to buy lunch behind me and he gave me a $5.00 off Walgreens coupons which got my total down to $6.73. The cashier called another co-worker over to check out my savings and we had to talk about coupons for awhile. I will definitely be going back to that Walgreens, since the service was so great!

Then I decided I would go to another Walgreens to get more wipes, but I started thinking that my Publix has decided to continue to take drugstore coupons as competitor coupons. And their Huggies wipes were $2.99. And my $.50 coupons would double to $1.00. Combined with the $2.00 Walgreens coupons it would make my wipes FREE!!! Or actually, I would make a penny. So I went to Publix, bought 7 more boxes of wipes, a gallon of milk, a quarter of a watermelon and some eggs and saved $28.00 and paid $6. 68. Not to bad of a deal. Thanks Publix! I love you!

3 comments:

The Lotts said...

AWESOME! I was wondering how your couponing was going since the arrival of Judah. I've been stocking up on wipes too. I ordered the wipes coupons from ebay too (thanks for the tip). Sadly, my Publix does not consider Walgreens a competitor. What Publix to you use? I may have to head over for some free wipes!

Mosshouse said...

So which Walgreens was really nice to you? The one at Valley/Greensprings is NEVER nice to me :(

The Hoppers said...

The Greensprings one is great! I always check before I use any coupons so then I don't have to hold up the line too much. So I called about the Walgreens wipes and they said they take them. So when I went through I had no problems. I love the new customer service manager. Ryan. Talk with him, Renie. He is great!