About Me

My photo
Taryn is a two-day-a-week speech language pathologist and a full time mama. Lawson is a teacher at an alternative school where he loves his job! We have three wonderful, spirited boys and are so blessed!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Frogs, Lizards and Salamanders

Lawson has passed on his love of amphibians and reptiles to Baby Lawson. And I am sure Judah will not be far behind. I would have preferred fuzzy, furry animals, but they like scales and yucky, sticky, slimy skin.

A couple of weeks ago, Lawson found a gray tree frog in our backyard and Lawson was enthralled. I stayed away. I do not like frogs at all, thanks to my sister finding them and throwing them at me when we were younger.




Lawson asked him to hold the frog up so he could take a picture of it. This is what happened. So cute!

Out where Lawson works there is a pond and a trail with lots of "critters". So one day after work, we met Lawson and took a hike around the trail.

Holding the bug vacuum, so Lawson can suck up bugs to check out. Judah is along for the ride. Love my Ergo.


Lawson flips over every log to see what he can find.


Found a salamander. Yuck!


Observing


Lawson tried to show me the salamander. You can see what I think about that idea.


Standoff. I guess I was afraid he would throw it at me. (Thanks again, Damaris!)




Two toads. The mommy toad and the baby toad.


What happens when he loses the toads.


Group shot on a bridge. In a swamp.


Resting after a long hike. He did so well!

Well, I guess I am going to have to learn to like these things. Although I don't think I will ever be able to. They are so gross! But it is so fun to see how much Lawson and Lawson love hunting for this stuff.

Case in point: a conversation a couple of days ago.

I walked in to check on Lawson early one morning. He was laying in his bed waking up.

Lawson: Hi Mommy! Where's daddy?

Me: He's in the bathroom.

Lawson: Is he going potty?

Me: No, he's washing his hair.

Lawson: Oh, he's getting ready to go frog hunting! Let's go see him!

Love my boys!!!!


1 comment:

Jeremy and Michelle said...

yuck :) so far my boys haven't really been too interested in bugs - I showed James a tiny worm one day on the stairs and I came back and he told me he "broke it" -hmm, well, sort of - he smooshed it - my kind of bug lover :)
so far the thing I'm having to learn to love is "boys playing baseball" - not a favorite but I'll take it over bugs :)