- four pair of navy shorts
- one pair of light blue shorts
- one pair of orange shorts
- one pair of gray shorts
- one pair of brown shorts
- two pair of khaki shorts (thanks Wal-mart! $2.00 apiece)
- two short and shirt outfits
- seven t-shirts
- two pair of swim trunks
Woohoo!!! Lawson is prepared. I realized this summer that he doesn't need 30 pairs of shorts (which is what he has now. I went a bit crazy at the consignment sales this spring.). I am sure I will find some more great deals as the year progresses, but it's great to be able to get some clothes and save money at the same time. God has blessed us, with me being able to do contract speech pathology and stay home with Lawson and make our paychecks stretch. Here are some pictures of what I bought (yes, I took pictures).
This was from Belk. Six shirts and two pair of shorts for $27. I saved $92.00. (One shirt is missing, it was in the wash.)
These two outfits I got from JC Penny's using their sales and some coupons. Regularly $9.99 apiece, they were having a sale where you buy 1 get 1 for a penny. And I had some gift certificate coupons. So the total would have been $39.96 before the sale, $20.00 with the sale, but I walked away paying $2.16 for both outfits. Yea!!!!! I think Lawson will look great in them.

4 comments:
Wow! You are amazing, girl! The JcPenney steal is unbelievable. I am so bummed that I'm out of town for Babypalooza and for the consignment sale in Vestavia? Well anyway, we'll have to catch the other fall sales. Try to keep me under control with the toys next time - I went a little baserk on Friday. Good luck with the teething. I don't have a ton of experience since little Sophie only has 2!!!
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to tell you about Pottery Barn Kids online. They have a great sale going on right now on clothing and other items (I mostly look at the clothing). They have organic clothing at pretty good prices. Some of the clothes are marked down 50-75%.
Taryn, you are such an inspiration! I am LOVING the "frugal living" links you have on your blog! Thanks for posting them so I can follow your crumb trail!
yay for saving money!!! i think you'll find that the older they get, the dirtier they get, so you might need all those shorts after all!
Post a Comment