About Me

My photo
Taryn is a two-day-a-week speech language pathologist and a full time mama. Lawson is a teacher at an alternative school where he loves his job! We have three wonderful, spirited boys and are so blessed!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fabulous Friday!



I am borrowing this from my friend, Sarah, who does "Fabulous Friday"posts. And this past Friday was fabulous.





I was able to wake up and get ready before Lawson woke up. That's always a plus. We were meeting our friends, Sarah and Sophie at the Lil' Lambs Consignment Sale for (hopefully) some good deals. Sarah brought along one of her friends, Beth and her son, Jaden. When I arrived, it was a little bit before 9:00am and the there was a line. I wasn't expecting that. To enter the sale, you have to go up some stairs (which is odd, since most of the moms have strollers) and a sweet lady helped me get Lawson and the Bob (our jogger) up the stairs. We headed for the 18 month rack of clothes and started going through them. Unfortunately, that's where most of the women wanted to be, so I was surrounded by people. One lady was reaching over my shoulder to look at the piece of clothing exactly in front of the one I was looking at, as to get the cuter clothing first. But it worked out well. I spent $24.00 and got Lawson...



  • one pair of Levi's jeans

  • two pair of khaki's

  • one Backyardigans long-sleeved T-shirt

  • two white long-sleeved shirts

  • two blue long sleeved shirt

  • one green long sleeved shirt

  • one striped long sleeve shirt (in Gator colors)

  • three wooden bug toys (very cute)

  • and this Backyardigans boom box that I have been stalking at toy stores where the price has ranged from $18.00 to $24.99 and I got it for......drum roll........


$2.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



What a bargain! Typically I only go on the half-price day, but Lil' Lambs always has pretty good stuff at great prices (I didn't pay more than $3.00 for anything). Sarah and Beth also got some great deals too.



We then packed up our finds and kids and walked to Cool Beans, a coffee shop in Homewood. Sarah suggested it because they have a kid's room for the babies to hang out in (with their coffee?). Lawson actually preferred escaping through the barricade of strollers to try to get to the kitchen. But he did enjoy the grilled cheese that they made for him. As did Sophie. (Lawson likes to share.) It was a great day to hang out with old friends and new friends. It's nice to talk to other girls who are in the same stage of life that I am in and we can share tips on all kinds of things baby.



I am sad though, because next week there are two more consignment sales and Babypalooza and Sarah will be in Texas. I guess I will have to fight the crowds on my own. (But it's always more fun with a friend.)

No comments: