About Me

My photo
Taryn is a two-day-a-week speech language pathologist and a full time mama. Lawson is a teacher at an alternative school where he loves his job! We have three wonderful, spirited boys and are so blessed!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The beach

Lawson, Baby Lawson and I went to the beach in Florida a couple of weeks ago. I love the beach! Lawson tolerates the beach and Baby Lawson was the wild card, since this was the first time he had ever been. And he didn't care for it at all. When he would get sand on his hands and feet he would grimace and cry and hold his hand out for us to clean it off. Damaris and Ryan were already down at Seagrove Beach, which is by Seaside, so we went and stayed with them for one night and then our friends, Matt and Amanda, came down and Matt's grandparents have a house in Sunnyside Beach, and we moved there. The house was so great! It's on a private beach, so it wasn't crowded at all. There was a lot of algae and jellyfish were bad for a day or two, so that was a bummer, but the water cleared out enough for us to enjoy it. It did rain one whole day, so we just played Rummy and Nurts all day. There was also a Kilwin's, a chocolate and ice cream shop, which has my most favorite ice cream in the whole wide world. It's called Toasted Coconut and I went three times to get a single scoop. It was more like a double scoop when they handed it to me. So I probably ate a half gallon. Yum!!! The first night we got there, Damaris, Ryan, Lawson, Baby Lawson and I went in to Panama City to go to Kilwin's and then we drove around because Lawson did a Beach Project for Campus Outreach many years ago. Nothing was as Lawson remembered because there were so many new condos and large buildings. We had to visit the Wal-mart, where Lawson stocked frozen foods that summer, so long ago. And I always said I would never be that mom who had her baby out at Wal-mart at 10:00 pm, but here I was, with my baby at the world's largest, most red-neck Wal-mart at 10:30 pm. I have learned to never say, "I won't be that mom who..." because I have broken all those rules.:)

So Baby Lawson is officially a beach baby. Hopefully he will enjoy it more when we go back at the end of August with Mimi and Papi.




Lawson liked the outdoor shower at Aunt DeeDee and Uncle Ryan's house. The water was warm and he didn't mind having the water in his face.







At Sunnyside Grille enjoying fried pickles and ranch dressing. Sounds terrible, but actually quite tasty.







Ryan, Matt and Lawson acting normal.





We went to Reggae J's, a restaurant in Pier Park in Panama City. Fun place, good food. A tropical feel.





Ryan did his hair different this night. We haven't seen this 'do since.



Matt, Amanda and the best baby in the world!












This was the face he had the most.



All is better in the world. I have my toothbrush.

No comments: