About Me

My photo
Taryn is a two-day-a-week speech language pathologist and a full time mama. Lawson is a teacher at an alternative school where he loves his job! We have three wonderful, spirited boys and are so blessed!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

This past Mother's Day was wonderful!!! It was my first Mother's Day as a mama. And I love being a mom. The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful son. Baby Lawson is so precious. I love to watch him explore his world around him. He has stared to point, so he will point at things and touch them with one finger. And then I name what he is pointing at. He enjoys playing with his toys and the remote control. He will choose me over everyone now.:) I love that he will reach out for me. It's so sweet. He smiles and laughs and "talks". He will crawl over to me and pull up on my legs and reach his hands up for me to pick him up. And usually I do and then he wants right back down. I love it!!!!
This picture is so precious!!!! My two handsome men!


Terri, my mother-in-law, came in for Mother's Day. I took a maternity leave at Vestavia East Elementary School one day a week (Thursdays) and Terri came in to watch Baby Lawson. Baby Lawson and Grammie had a great time with each other. We made it through the storm on Thursday afternoon. I was able to take a nap. On Friday we went shopping and Lawson got some new clothes, shoes and pj's. (Thanks Grammie). Lawson and I got to go on a date. We went to Dale's in Vestavia and went to see Ironman. Lawson declared that Ironman was his favorite superhero. I am still partial to Batman.


In our backyard by the honeysuckle before our date!!!



On Saturday, we had some friends over for a cookout. We had nine adults and five children in our house. Unfortunately we didn't get that many pictures of the festivities. Here is is a picture of Lawson, Baby Lawson, Lee and Baby Lee.


Then on Sunday we just hung out that morning and I got to choose where we got to eat lunch! Outback here we come!!!. I love Outback Steakhouse. So Lawson, Terri, Baby Lawson, Uncle Ryan, Matt and I went to the Outback in Hoover. However, their refrigeration system went out so they were unable to open for lunch on Mother's Day, but they gave us $65 in gift certificates. That was wonderful! So thanks to Outback for paying for our Mother's Day lunch!!!!

Lawson and Grammie




Family picture!


1 comment:

CanCan said...

Cute family! It is fun to see your fam!