About Me

My photo
Taryn is a two-day-a-week speech language pathologist and a full time mama. Lawson is a teacher at an alternative school where he loves his job! We have three wonderful, spirited boys and are so blessed!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 31, 2007

First Foods

On December 11th, we decided to give Lawson his first taste of solid food. Since he would turn 6 months on December 22nd, we thought it was o.k. not to wait until the actual six month date. Lawson's pediatrician told us to start with veggies first, green ones, then go to orange veggies and then the fruit. We decided to bypass rice cereal. So we started with organic green peas. Not the best vegetable to start with. Lawson mushed it around and put his hands in his mouth and gagged a couple of times. After several days of giving him peas, he continued to gag. So we went to orange vegetables, which he likes a whole lot better. We have also introduced apples and pears. So he eats peas (under duress), carrots, sweet potatoes, apples and pears. Next are squash, green beans, prunes and bananas. Yum! He likes food a whole lot more now. And he stays a lot cleaner too. At least there are no more carrots in his hair.

Peas! Yum!



Mama giving me the first bite.




Not enjoying the peas so much.




Daddy trying to make me feel better about having peas all over my face (and in my hair).



I don't think I like peas...



but I'll still give you a smile.



Aunt DeeDee gave me some rice cereal once. I liked licking and biting the high chair tray more than I liked the cereal.




Rice cereal face



Over Christmas I got to eat carrots. I like those a whole lot more than peas. Mimi is feeding me carrots here.




Yummy carrots!

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Little Lawson is so adorable! Love the pictures!

Prentices said...

What a great blog! We enjoyed talking with ya'll tonight and think baby Lawson is a good role model for little Ben. He's is suchy a sweet and precious baby! (love the pea montage!)