About Me

My photo
Taryn is a two-day-a-week speech language pathologist and a full time mama. Lawson is a teacher at an alternative school where he loves his job! We have three wonderful, spirited boys and are so blessed!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving week in North Carolina with my in-laws, Lawson and Terri, as well as my sister-in-law, Brooke, her husband Seth and Alyssa Rose, my niece. It was a great week. We had many interesting times. While Lawson and I were driving up to NC, we stopped in Murphy to eat at Wendy's. About five miles out of Murphy, Baby Lawson was having a meltdown, so Lawson pulled over and I hopped in to the back seat to try to quiet him down. It really didn't work. Anyway, the next day, Monday, Terri and I were going to go to Wal-Mart for a few things and I couldn't find my wallet in our room. I thought I had left it in the car. I checked the car and it wasn't there either. Hmmm....insert panic here. As I started thinking about the night before, I knew I had my wallet at Wendy's. I deduced that it must have fallen out on the side of the road when we pulled over so I could get in the backseat with Lawson. Not good. So Big Lawson, Little Lawson, Baby Lawson, Terri and I packed up and drove to Murphy (about an hour from their house) and we started driving at Wendy's and stopped at each area where we thought we had pulled over. Lawson and I got out of the car and walked in the grass searching for my wallet. And praying. After about 2 hours, walking all the areas twice and not finding my wallet, we got in the car to go back home. As we got in the car, Lawson had a message on his phone. It was a call from our insurance agent saying that the police in Murphy had my wallet! Wow! Such a relief! A highway patrol officer had pulled a man over for speeding at the exact spot where I go out of the car and he found my wallet. The trooper asked the speeder if it was his wallet and he said no (I am thankful for the honest speeder). He turned it over to the police and they found a way to get in touch with me and Lawson and I got my wallet back. What an answer to prayer!

On Tuesday we didn't do too much. Terri and I made the trip to Wal-Mart and the Lawsons went to a basketball game at Smoky Mountain High. They went to see their friend Jackson play basketball.

Lawson and Pawpaw


Lawson and Daddy

Jackson doing the Gator Chomp (even though he is a Georgia Bulldog).


On Wednesday we went shopping in Asheville. That was fun and uneventful. It wasn't too terribly busy, so that was nice. We also went to a store called Steve and Barry's which is a sporting goods store, as well as a clothing store, where the motto is "Fashion is not a luxury". Lots of great, well-made clothes and not pricey at all. When we got home that night we made pies. Yum!


Thursday morning dawned early. No sleeping in anymore. We got up and had breakfast. Brooke, Seth and Alyssa came in late Wednesday night, so we were glad to see them. We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. There was no rush to get the food on the table. We wanted to have a relaxing day. We ate around 5:00. Terri and I talked about how we work so hard and so long making Thanksgiving dinner and it's over in 30 minutes. Baby Lawson had been great all day, but as soon as I sat down he wanted to eat too. That seems to be the trend. So after turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato souffle, green beans, corn, rolls and Crispy Salad (a new favorite of mine), we had 8 pies to eat. And football to watch. It was a wonderful day. We have so much to be thankful for. We are healthy and our families are healthy. We have a beautiful baby boy. We have a niece who is precious. We have friends and family and a roof over our head. Lawson has a job that he enjoys and I am getting to stay home with my baby. The Lord has blessed us tremendously.


Seth, Brooke and Alyssa Cooking and holding a baby
The guys In the kitchen Lots of pies
Pawpaw, Grammie and Lawson The cousins Our family dinner
The Hoppers and Yarboroughs
After Thanksgiving dinner we went out to find a Christmas tree. Terri wanted to have it up so we could celebrate Christmas early for Baby Lawson. She wanted pictures of both grandbabies by the tree. They looked cute in their matching candy-cane striped pj's by the Christmas tree. Lawson got a bunch of toys that I know he will love. Alyssa opened the Glow Worm and Brightlings from us and preferred the ribbon I used on the gifts. Isn't that how it's supposed to happen? Get the kiddos fun stuff and they like the boxes and bows?

No comments: