About Me

My photo
Taryn is a two-day-a-week speech language pathologist and a full time mama. Lawson is a teacher at an alternative school where he loves his job! We have three wonderful, spirited boys and are so blessed!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas time is here

We have had our tree up since the week before Thanksgiving. Lawson wanted to enjoy the tree for as long as we could. We put non-breakable ornaments at the bottom and the more fragile ones at the top of the tree, thinking it would be safer that way. But, we didn't account for Judah pulling the tree over the day after we put the tree up. I know they are just ornaments, but we lost several. Judah was crying and I was crying and then Baby Lawson started crying. When I picked the tree up, all Lawson was worried about was a Pacman ornament that played the Pacman song. It must have scared Judah because he hasn't grabbed the tree since then. We have had to scold him for touching the ornaments, but the tree has remained standing. There are no presents
under the tree and that has bothered Lawson to no end. One cute story about what Lawson thinks Christmas is all about, is when Lawson kept telling me he wanted a red train and a purple train and I said he might get them for Christmas. He walked underneath our attic door and started jumping up. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I want to get Christmas down so I can get my trains!". Apparently, Christmas was our decorations that reside in our attic. Now we are working on the true meaning of Christmas and how it's not all about the gifts. And while the Christmas tree is an after Christmas sale special that is pre-lit and has a couple of gaps, the boys think it is absolutely fabulous. They love to walk around it and look at all the ornaments and admire the lights. Lawson loves this white bird ornament and Judah loves all the ornaments that are round. I think he wants to throw them.













No comments: