About Me

My photo
Taryn is a two-day-a-week speech language pathologist and a full time mama. Lawson is a teacher at an alternative school where he loves his job! We have three wonderful, spirited boys and are so blessed!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Thirty-Two years old

On February 19th, I turned 32. I don't feel 32. Which I guess is a good thing.:) My parents came in for the weekend and we had a great time. We do a lot of eating in my family, so when they got here on Friday night, we started the eating. First stop was dinner at Diplomat Deli with Damaris, Ryan, Mom and Dad. Then we headed to the mall so Lawson could go to the Disney Store and Mom and Dad could see how much he loves the store.

The next morning, we went to the Original Pancake House, where we ate tons and tons of the best breakfast food around. It is amazing how delicious their pancakes are.
Later that day we went to the park and Mom, Damaris and I ran around town. For dinner, Damaris grilled steaks and we had baked potatoes and corn on the cob. I love steak! Love, love, love it! Lawson is a chicken guy, so we don't eat it that often. So I ate a lot. I also made coconut cupcakes for the birthday cake. Thankfully I didn't have to blow out 32 candles. As for the cupcakes, they were o.k. The recipe I used was from a magazine. They came out kind of dry. But, that didn't stop them from all disappearing.

On Sunday, we got up to go to Dunkin Donuts, which is a recent addition to Birmingham. The donuts are good, but not as good as Shipley's. No one beats Shipley's donuts.

I love donuts!

Mmmmm...yummy donuts!

He had sprinkles on his nose.

Mom and I were able to do a little more shopping that day. Which is always fun! Mom and Dad stayed till Monday afternoon, so they watched the boys and when I got in from work, dinner was ready to go in the oven (thanks, Dad!), the house was clean and the laundry was done. What a great birthday present!!!! (As was the 18 chicken breasts that my dad cleaned and individually wrapped for future meals. I am easy to please!) It was a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

mallory said...

Happy Birthday! 32 isn't so bad...welcome to the club~

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday friend! Love the cocunut cupcakes. Love all the food, period.