Lawson got this fabulous picture of Lawson at Thanksgiving. Every once in a while we get lucky with our nice camera.:)
Imagination is a beautiful thing! It has been amazing to see Lawson develop his imagination (with a little help from his daddy). One of their favorite games is to play on the bed and not fall off because there are "buhcaneos" (volcanoes),
(courtesy of MS Nucleus)

(courtesy of MS Nucleus)
dinosaurs
(courtesy of Campaign)
and lava
(courtesy of PBS)
down there. One day we were coming home from Mother's Day Out and Lawson was making blowing sounds. And I asked, "Lawson, what are you doing?" And he replied, "Blowing the dinosaurs away." It really works. No dinosaurs around here.:) He will also make stomping sounds when the dinosaurs are getting closer to him. He is also starting to use sticks as horses and will run around the house singing "Yip, Yip, Yip, Dancing the Worman Polka" from The Backyardigans and will also yell "Yeehaw!"
Baby Lawson and I went to Wolfe Camera for a new lens for our camera as our was broken mysteriously (for the 2nd time). While I was buying the lens, Lawson was looking in the glass case at camera parts. He kept saying, "They are broken. I fix it. They are broken. I fix it." I said, "No, baby, they aren't broken. Those are camera parts." He said, "They are broken. I fix it." I asked, "How?" Lawson says, "I will get a Mousketoodle to help me." So he might be watching too much TV, but I was impressed with his problem solving skills. Mickey Mouse uses Mouseketools to help him when there is a problem or when something is broken.
We have been having some trouble in school with him hitting. His teachers assure me that all the little boys hit one another and that they work on it constantly. Which is nice, but sometimes I feel like it's only Lawson who is hitting. They have commented on how smart he is too. That makes me very proud. Before he goes to school, I will have a talk with him about how to act at school. I tell him that it makes Mama sad when he hits and goes to time-out. I will make a sad face when I tell him this. He will always kiss me and tell me he won't get any time-outs. But so far it's not sinking in just yet.
His language is quite exceptional for a 2 year old boy. He has reasoning skills, can carry on a conversation and tell you about things that have happened in the past in complete sentences. He loves to tell Judah, "It's ok." when Judah is crying. And he can make Judah smile anytime, anywhere. There is something amazing about how siblings love each other. Sometimes Lawson loves Judah a little too much. His favorite thing to do right now is honk his nose.
Other fun things we have heard Lawson say:
"Mommy, you are my best friend."
"Mommy, I love your eyes."
"Give it to me now." ---This is not fun and we are working on him not demanding, but when he says it it sounds a bit like Arnold Schwartzenegger. Which is funny.
"I'm silly." --usually when he has done something wrong and wants to make us laugh to forget he did something wrong.
Last night Damaris and Ryan ate dinner with us and we were talking and I called Ryan by name for some reason. Lawson ran over to him and said, "Look at me, Wyan!" Oh no! We have to stay with BeeBee. So Ryan asked him several times what his name was, and Lawson responded, "BeeBee." Phew! Can't have him growing up too fast! And with BeeBee, Lawson gets away with whatever he wants. Ryan's like a young grandpa.:)
It's so neat to see my boy changing and learning and discovering. He is so busy and so loud. Just like his daddy! We love him!



No comments:
Post a Comment