Thursday, June 26, 2008
Twelve Months Old
Lawson is twelve months old! It's truly amazing how fast a year goes by. It seems like only yesterday he was content to be held and would lay in his crib watching his mobile. And now he is crawling and pulling up and saying "dada". Where did the time go? He can crawl very fast when he wants to get to something he shouldn't have, like crawling out the open door, getting into the dishwasher, and going into the bathrooms. He has begun stand up and balance on his own without holding on to anything. Lawson can go down into a squat and then stand up again. He will "cruise" along the couch and coffee table too. I am sure walking is only a few short weeks away. Lawson has been taking care of Baby Lawson while I work one full day and two half days a week. They have been having a great time. Baby Lawson will crawl all over his daddy when he is laying on the floor. They also have a game where I hold Baby Lawson and Lawson sneaks around him and then runs up to him and tickles him. Baby Lawson LOVES it! He laughs and laughs when they play. He also understands the phrase, "I'm gonna getcha!" and will laugh and crawl. It's like he is playing "chase" with his daddy. Lawson has also started throwing his toys. If he is playing in his crib, it takes about 5 minutes for all his toys to hit the floor. He just flings stuff around. I think he likes the sounds the crashing toys make. He has pretty much mastered the art of drinking out of a sippy cup. And he enjoys water. We've introduced milk to him, but so far he doesn't like it. I read an article where I should be reading to Baby Lawson three times a day for 10 minutes each time, but when I do, the book goes flying. Hopefully one day he will like to look at and read books.
A few stats on Lawson. He is wearing a 4 1/2 wide shoe (when he allows me to put them on him), a size 4 diaper and 12-18 month clothes. He has not been to his one year doctor's appointment so I don't know how much he weighs or how tall he is. Sometimes it feels like he weighs 50 pounds.:) He is probably around 22 or 23 pounds. Since he has been crawling he has slimmed down some. We have been giving him some "real people" food which he is tolerating. He really likes bread, mac and cheese and Cheerios. I let him eat some blueberries, cherries and raspberries last night and he really enjoyed them. He understands when someone tells him "No" because he will look at that person and shake his finger. Lawson loves to look at ceiling fans, so when we were in Mississippi, Papi taught him how to wave his arm around to mimic "The fan goes 'round and 'round." Too cute.
I went back through all our pictures of Lawson and it's amazing how much he has changed. We have watched him go from an infant to a toddler who has a wonderful personality. He laughs and smiles and rarely has a bad day. Even when he is teething (he is cutting his first molars as I type), he is fun-loving and sweet. Lawson has been reaching his hands up for a couple of months now when he sees someone he wants, but now when he sees me, he will literally launch himself at me. It melts my heart. Lawson and I are constantly amazed at how blessed we are to have such a wonderful child. We can't imagine life without him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
such a big boy! how fast a year flies by when you're watching your own child and how slow it felt when we were kids! Crazy! And what is it about "open" things that are usually closed that they go nuts for? James will move at warp speed to get to the opened refrigerator, dishwasher and pantry closet - it's become a game for us to see how quickly we can get in and get what we need before he gets to it! BOYS!!!
Happy Birthday Baby Lawson!
What a smiley little boy! He is precious and so full of personality! Happy Birthday, Lawson!
Sarah
Happy Birthday, Baby Lawson! Guess what? You won a cool Little Fit Hat on my giveaway!
email me your mailing address at onlycancan at hotmail dot com
A birthday hat for you!
I was just thinking that the last time we saw ya'll, Baby Lawson was six months old, about the same age that Carter is now! And I felt then like you had been a mom forever! ;) It's crazy how much he has grown since we've seen him. He is precious!
Post a Comment