Judah is 6 months old! Wow! Already half a year. And he's big. Around 20 pounds, although he hasn't been to the doctor yet. We weighed him on our home scale. I was at Walmart and I had him in my Ergo sling. He was completely covered with the exception of his lover legs. They were showing because all his clothes are too short in the legs. A lady came by and said, "That's a beautify baby. I can tell by his legs! He's a big, strong boy!" And of course I had to agree.
He has started babbling with consonants. His favorite is "dadadadada", but we all know that's not his first word.:) Judah has always been a snuggler, but it has gotten so much better over the past month. When you hold him and he's tired, he will reach up and grab your hair. Well, in Lawson's case he grabs his ear. Last week I laid down with him and he rolled over to me and put his hand up on my neck to grab my hair and immediately fell asleep. It was precious. Sometimes when he falls asleep when I am holding him, I just sit there and look at him and take in the moment. It goes so fast. Pretty soon he will be too old for me to hold him, or he won't fall asleep when I am holding him. So I am soaking it up! He will also "sing" himself to sleep. When I am holding him, he will start making noises and I know he's about to drift off. It's so sweet!
Judah loves his food. We have moved to Stage 2 foods. I wanted to make baby food this time, but it's so much easier to buy food. At least it's organic! I do give him fresh bananas, so that's a start. With stage 2 foods, there are some fun combinations like tomato and carrot and sweet potato and cinnamon. So far, he has enjoyed everything.
He continues to wake up during the night. Probably because he's in a bassinet that's too small and when he wakes up he can look over the side and see me. And he cries. So I pick him up. And then he goes back to sleep. The past couple of nights he has been waking up around 11pm and being wide awake. And sometimes it happens at 4am. That's not fun at all.
Judah is sitting up with no supports now. Occasionally he will fall over and knock his head, but he is quite tough. Not a lot of crying when this happens. And sometimes Lawson will get a little rough and knock him over as well. One day, Lawson is going to rue the day he messed with Judah, as we feel like he is going to be a bruiser.:) Nah...they will be great friends.
He still has no teeth. But like a friend and I were talking about, we blame everything going on with our babies on teething.
Overall, he is so precious! And so laid back. Except that he wants to be held all day, every day. He is quick to smile at you and loves his daddy and his brother. Lawson can make him laugh like no other and when he sees his daddy he lights up too. And he loves me too.:) One thing that's funny is that he will be hanging out with the Lawsons and I will have been off running errands. When I come in, he immediately starts whining/crying, even though he had been perfect while I was gone.
He has begun to blow razzberries. He does this when he is finished eating. There's no turning of the head. He would rather spit the mouthful of food on the tray. Or the person feeding him.
What a boy! We love him!
My precious!!!
Sitting up on his own.
Happy boy!

1 comment:
Judah is truly a charming, snuggly guy! He is so much fun to hold. And those cheeks, how do you keep from nibbling on them all day? Just precious!
Post a Comment