About Me

My photo
Taryn is a two-day-a-week speech language pathologist and a full time mama. Lawson is a teacher at an alternative school where he loves his job! We have three wonderful, spirited boys and are so blessed!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Tree

Last year after Christmas, I found a 6 ft. pre-lit Christmas tree at Home Depot for about $15. With colored lights. I love colored lights! I grew up with a real Christmas tree and Lawson and I have had many real trees, but with a 2 year old, we thought a fake tree would be better. No needles on the floor, Lawson wouldn't have to put lights on, we wouldn't wake up one morning and have it on the floor. So after Lawson put it together, Baby Lawson kept saying, "The tree is beautiful! Daddy builded the tree! It's beautiful Mommy!" Most of the ornaments are non-breakable, since we weren't too sure how Lawson was going to deal with the tree. We put candy canes on the tree as well, so those kept his attention away from the ornaments. We told him not to touch them, so he would take them off and then bring them to us saying, "Here, Mommy, I brought this to you." Like he was doing us a favor. He had some favorites on the tree too.

He liked to push the button on the PacMan arcade ornament because it played the PacMan theme song.

He liked to look at this ornament and say "Cheese!"

Lawson and I have been buying each other ornaments since we were dating. So naturally, when the boys came along, we started buying them ornaments as well.


Lawson's ornament. He loves his Starbucks!


My ornament. Cracker Barrel, because I love to eat their biscuits!


Lawson's ornament. He loves Mickey Mouse! His favorite cartoon is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Judah's ornament. The obligatory "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament.

Lawson attends a local mother's day out program and he made this for me. If it's supposed to be a necklace, my head is too big for the necklace loop. I thought it looked great on the tree. When he gave it to me, he said, "I made this for you Mommy. You're welcome."


I took this picture sitting down, so Lawson looks like a giant!


Here is Lawson standing in front of the tree. He looks happy, doesn't he.


No comments: