
On November 11th, Lawson, Damaris, Ryan and I went to Atlanta to see Coldplay. I like Coldplay. The others LOVE Coldplay. The tickets went on sale in June and Lawson forgot that they did until that night, so all the tickets that were left were in the nosebleed section. Ryan went on TicketMaster's auction site and won four AWESOME tickets on the floor.
Since the concert was on Veteran's Day, Lawson and I had the day off from work, so my dad came in to watch Baby Lawson because we were spending the night in Atlanta. We left around 11:00 am with too much luggage for a one day trip. At least Damaris and I had too much. We had to be prepared. We were staying that the Buckhead Intercontinental in Buckhead, which was really nice. Very beautiful. It was missing a continental breakfast, but I think the clientele that stays there prefers to have their food brought to them in their rooms. We were driven to the mall where we walked around for an hour and then our driver picked us up and we had the huge decision of where to eat dinner before the concert. We settled on Maggiano's, an Italian restaurant with huge food portions. Everything was delicious. We took the Marta to the concert, which was fun. It dropped us off right under Phillips Arena. The concert was AWESOME! Like I said, I would listen to Coldplay if I had to if there were no other options. Actually, during the concert I was surprised how many songs I knew the words to, which is because Lawson plays them quite a bit. Anyway...seeing a band in concert makes you enjoy them all the more. I especially like their last CD, Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends. It's definitely my favorite CD they have put out. Chris Martin is a great performer. It's amazing how he and the band can throw themselves into the performance night after night. Well, actually I can. At the exorbitant prices for the tickets, they better be out there dancing. My favorite song they did was ''Lovers in Japan" where they had a screen showing Japanese art and cherry trees and all things Japanese and during the first chorus, to symbolize the cherry blossoms, thousands of paper butterflies fell from the ceiling. Then during the second chorus, tens of thousands of butterflies were falling. There were butterflies in our hair, covering our coats and chairs. It was so neat. It was a great concert! We had the best time and everyone got to hear their favorite songs. And we definitely got our money's worth.
The next day we went shopping at Atlantic Station. It's amazing how much more you can get done when there is no baby involved. We went to Ikea and H&M. I did miss Lawson terribly and he did well with his Papi. All in all, it was a great time! We will definitely go to the next concert Coldplay has.

No comments:
Post a Comment