About Me

My photo
Taryn is a two-day-a-week speech language pathologist and a full time mama. Lawson is a teacher at an alternative school where he loves his job! We have three wonderful, spirited boys and are so blessed!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bollywood, baby!

Tonight we went out to dinner with our new friends, Tony, Sarah and Sophie. They wanted us to go to an Indian restaurant where Wednesday night is buffet and belly dancing night. I wasn't too sure about Indian food. I have never had it and I had a lot of preconceived ideas about what it was going to taste like. But, it was going to be an adventure. And I really like our new friends. So Lawson, Baby Lawson and I headed to the Silver Coin in Hoover. When we got there, there were some fried pastry looking things on the table (about the size of a corn tortilla). They were the consistency of the old school chips called Munchos and were yummy! They were called something I can't pronounce and made out of lentil and rice flour. The food on the buffet looked delicious (especially the goat), but we all decided to order off the menu. I was happy to see there were lots of chicken dishes. I ordered chicken tikka, which is tandoori chicken served on a bed of onions and Lawson got chicken tikka masala, which is chicken like mine in a saucy gravy. There was saffron jasmine rice and lentils and nan (bread) and a raita (cucumber yogurt dip). It was delicious. All of it. So if you have never tried Indian food, I am suggesting going to the Silver Coin. I think we are going to become regulars. Oh, and the belly dancing was interesting.

Tony, Sarah and Sophie (I didn't take a picture tonight of us at the restaurant.)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I feel so privelaged to have made the blog! Fun times were had by all, for sure. I like the title of the post, by the way.

Sarah

Prentices said...

I am an Indian food newbie too, Taryn! I was coerced into going to Silver Coin a couple of months ago and was so confused when my chicken dinner came out as mush. But it was so good (I got the same thing as Lawson), and now I crave it regularly! The owners are really nice too and love babies. Maybe we'll see you there!

The Hoppers said...

We ought to just go together.:)

Sarah said...

I totally agree. Let's get together for some great Indian food!