Finn spent his 4th month birthdate in the hospital. He had a bloody stool one night after having a terrible cold, so Lawson and I took him to Children's. While there, his oxygen saturation was low and he had to be placed on oxygen and have that stabilized before they addressed the blood. After x-rays and ultrasounds revealed nothing, the GI doctors assumed that he had a milk protein intolerance. So I am dairy free and Finn is better. We were so thankful for the wonderful care we received and for BeeBee to come over in the middle of the night to stay with the boys and for my parents being willing to drive to us in the wee hours of the morning. Finn charmed all the doctors and nurses in the hospital and we are so grateful what he had was easily resolved.
Sunday, January 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
How traumatic! That must have been so scary! Nathan had milk protein intolerance and outgrew it by the time he was 18 mos. I hope Finn outgrows it on the sooner side-- especially since you'll have to be sacrificing dairy in the meantime! Our doc told us it would take 2 weeks after going off cow's milk for his intestines to heal and his colic to subside, and it did. I hope Finn gets better soon!
Post a Comment