About Me

My photo
Taryn is a two-day-a-week speech language pathologist and a full time mama. Lawson is a teacher at an alternative school where he loves his job! We have three wonderful, spirited boys and are so blessed!

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Baby Hopper #3

20 weeks pregnant

This post is long over due! We are welcoming Baby Hopper#3 in July. The due date is July 7th, but I am hoping for something a little earlier. We have decided not to find out what this baby is, which has been fun and a little hard to not be able to plan for the baby's arrival. I will be 27 weeks on Saturday and have two pictures so far, one of which is on Lawson's iPhone.

For my record's sake, here are some details of the pregnancy so far.
  • 10 week doctor visit-heard the heartbeat, 173 bpm
  • 14 week doctor visit-145 bpm
  • 15 weeks-feel Baby H move for the first time
  • 18 week doctor visit-141 bpm, had the ultrasound today. Learned that Baby H was measuring 10 days bigger, but the doctor did not change the due date. He said that the measurements are more accurate earlier in the pregnancy. One of the reasons that I had felt the baby so early was the placement of the placenta. It was not placenta previa, but was close. Another ultrasound was scheduled for 30 weeks to make sure the placenta has moved away from the cervix. And to get a weight measurement of the baby.
  • 22 week doctor visit-123 bpm (I gained 8 pounds this month. Eek!)
  • 26 week doctor visit-150-160 bpm
The baby's heart rate has been all over the place! Since we aren't finding out, everyone asks if I have a feeling as to what the baby is. It feels so similar to my pregnancies with the boys. I was nauseous at night for the first trimester and I am tired. I didn't have nausea with the boys, but it really wasn't terrible with this pregnancy either. There have been no weird cravings, I just like to eat. Well, I do enjoy Rally's french fries. I read an article on this stuff called "pink slime" in beef, so I haven't eaten a fast food burger or taco in months. It completely grossed me out. I do enjoy a Chick-fil-a sandwich with Chick-fil-a sauce though. That is making up for not having any burgers.

The boys seem to be excited about the baby. Especially Lawson. He will pray for the baby to have lots of power. At first he said he wanted a sister and wanted to name her Sophia (after his friend), but we told him that the baby might be a boy, so he will tell people that he will be happy no matter what. He does have an affection for the ladies though. He loves Sophia, his friend and Price, a friend from school and Zoe. Zoe is 2 and one of our friend's daughters. He absolutely adores her. But as he is getting older, we are seeing this wonderful, loving side come out. Judah will want to rub my tummy and say he is "rubbing the baby". He has also asked if he could punch the baby, so we are going to have to work with him.

We are blessed. And so excited! It's hard to believe that in a few short months we will have three children. It's amazing!











We are expecting Baby Hopper #3 on July 7th. It has taken me a while to get this post together for some reason. This go round, we are not finding out what we are having. It was tough at the 18 week appointment, but we remained strong.:)


2 comments:

Rachael said...

YAYYY!!! I am so excited for you! I am also so excited you are going to be surprised with the gender. We did that with Jael and it was so much fun. It was SUPER hard for me...esp as the pregnancy went on and I said I would never do it again, but it was so exciting in the delivery room that I will totally do it again if we are blessed with another baby in the future! I can't wait to see who God has blessed you guys with!

The Bailey Family said...

Congratulations on baby #3!!!! I know you are super excited too! I hope your pregnancy is going well. Girl, I haven't heard from you in a while, do you have fb? I tried to look you up, but had no luck. I hope to hear from you soon. I check e-mail often, so shoot me one. Love ya,


Beth Bailey